Like most people, we're not spending big these days, but are happily focusing on the everyday little splurges that can brighten our day and feel like a treat. So today we bring you our favorite "little things" we love, all of which involve little to no expense. We can't wait to hear yours!
1) A meal at Chic-fil-a. Something about Chic-fil-a just makes us happy. Maybe it's the salty waffle fries, maybe it's their styrofoam cups that keep our diet cokes cold longer, maybe it's the fact their employees say "my pleasure." In any event, we'll take a #7 meal (chargrilled chicken sandwich) over a pricey sit down lunch any day!
2) Freshly laundered and ironed bedding. There's something so soothing about slipping into a freshly made bed with nice crisp sheets and an ironed duvet. It makes us feel like we're staying at a hotel! And if you're your own laundress, then this little luxury is definitely free...and while you iron you can watch bad TV and not feel guilty about it!
3) An evening of wine and shelter magazines. A cheap bottle of Malbec, the newest HB or Elle Decor, some Pandora playing in the background. Hard to move me off the couch on those evenings!
4) A great thrifting or Craigslist find. We've said it before and we'll say it again- the thrill of the hunt when we're out shopping is much more important to us than the amount of money we spend. Scoring a coral jewelry holder for $2.99 is infinitely more gratifying than spending $299 in a department store.
5) Taking a walk down memory lane. Sometimes, figuring out where you're going in life involves looking backwards rather than forwards. We love pulling out pictures of our families from back in the day, or displaying old pictures on a gallery wall, to remind us how blessed our lives have been. It certainly reminds us that we are both lucky girls! Now if only pigtails were still in...
So tell us, what are your "little things" that help you savor life?